- Late Night Antics March 12
You've all seen one — the sometimes "aww"-inducing, usually awkward marriage proposal at some public event. The guy (it's almost always the guy) colludes with the organizers of the concert/sporting event/TV show to give him a spotlight to ask his sweetheart to marry him in front of a large audience. On Tuesday night's Late Night, Seth Meyers and two "audience members" turn this high-stakes romancing on its head. It's much more pleasant to watch than the real thing. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week