- Late Night Antics March 12
You've all seen one — the sometimes "aww"-inducing, usually awkward marriage proposal at some public event. The guy (it's almost always the guy) colludes with the organizers of the concert/sporting event/TV show to give him a spotlight to ask his sweetheart to marry him in front of a large audience. On Tuesday night's Late Night, Seth Meyers and two "audience members" turn this high-stakes romancing on its head. It's much more pleasant to watch than the real thing. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week