- Late Night Antics March 12
You've all seen one — the sometimes "aww"-inducing, usually awkward marriage proposal at some public event. The guy (it's almost always the guy) colludes with the organizers of the concert/sporting event/TV show to give him a spotlight to ask his sweetheart to marry him in front of a large audience. On Tuesday night's Late Night, Seth Meyers and two "audience members" turn this high-stakes romancing on its head. It's much more pleasant to watch than the real thing. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week