- Look at this March 12
A visit to New York City wouldn't be complete without a shopping excursion. President Obama surprised customers at a midtown Gap yesterday by sifting through a wrinkled pile of clothes in search of the perfect tee. Of course, the visit wasn't all fun and games: Obama's appearance was also part of his campaign promoting a newly launched initiative that promises to raise the minimum wage.
Workers were caught off guard when the commander-in-chief appeared, but they did helpfully point him to V-neck table when he asked for help. "I'm worried the V-neck is going to slip," he said. Naturally, the trip angered the New York Post, which splashed a sexist headline across its front page. Here's an unedited picture. -- Jordan Valinsky
POTUS picks out sweaters for the girls and a workout shirt for FLOTUS, says it never hurts to bring something home. pic.twitter.com/GHNWP8xXD5— Mary Bruce (@marykbruce) March 11, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The best books we read in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week