- small town news March 12
An Australian town is sick of being treated as a scratching post, so it has voted to permanently ban cats from roaming around. In the town Shire of Yarra Ranges, the newly approved "24-hour cat curfew" mandates that cats can't ever leave their owner's property to go do cat things outside of their home.
The bill was overwhelmingly supported by the 300 people who voted, with 60 percent in favor of a 24-hour ban. Cats will have the next six months to skittishly walk by strangers and claw at their neighbor's garbage cans before the new law is enforced.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week