- This just in March 12
Emergency crews on Wednesday morning responded to a reported explosion and building collapse in Harlem. There is as yet no known cause for the damage, though CBS New York, citing the Fire Department of New York, reports that two buildings sustained damage and have collapsed.
Another Exclusive photo showing windows blown out of building explosion in Harlem. pic.twitter.com/3gKFLv0uli— Shimon Prokupecz (@ShimonPro) March 12, 2014
The incident occurred around 9 a.m., scattering debris across the nearby Metro North train tracks and suspending service on the commuter line. Early reports indicate there are around a dozen injuries, though the condition of victims is unknown. The situation is developing.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week