- This just in March 12
Emergency crews on Wednesday morning responded to a reported explosion and building collapse in Harlem. There is as yet no known cause for the damage, though CBS New York, citing the Fire Department of New York, reports that two buildings sustained damage and have collapsed.
Another Exclusive photo showing windows blown out of building explosion in Harlem. pic.twitter.com/3gKFLv0uli— Shimon Prokupecz (@ShimonPro) March 12, 2014
The incident occurred around 9 a.m., scattering debris across the nearby Metro North train tracks and suspending service on the commuter line. Early reports indicate there are around a dozen injuries, though the condition of victims is unknown. The situation is developing.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week