- This just in March 12
Emergency crews on Wednesday morning responded to a reported explosion and building collapse in Harlem. There is as yet no known cause for the damage, though CBS New York, citing the Fire Department of New York, reports that two buildings sustained damage and have collapsed.
Another Exclusive photo showing windows blown out of building explosion in Harlem. pic.twitter.com/3gKFLv0uli— Shimon Prokupecz (@ShimonPro) March 12, 2014
The incident occurred around 9 a.m., scattering debris across the nearby Metro North train tracks and suspending service on the commuter line. Early reports indicate there are around a dozen injuries, though the condition of victims is unknown. The situation is developing.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week