- This just in March 12
J.J. Abrams' quest to cast the next generation of Jedi for Star Wars: Episode VII is reportedly nearing its end. According to multiple sources at Variety, five young actors are currently battling to secure the film's lead role. They are:
* Jesse Plemons, of Friday Night Lights and Breaking Bad fame
* Ed Speelers, who currently stars in Downton Abbey
*John Boyega, who starred in Attack the Block
*Matthew James Thomas, a theater actor who had a supporting role in 2000's Billy Elliot
*Ray Fisher, who played Muhammad Ali in New York Theatre Workshop's Fetch Clay, Make Man last year
Specifics of the role remain unclear, but Variety says the character "is believed to be a Jedi apprentice." May the Force be with all of them.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Can the U.S. Army degrade and destroy Ebola?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week