- This just in March 12
J.J. Abrams' quest to cast the next generation of Jedi for Star Wars: Episode VII is reportedly nearing its end. According to multiple sources at Variety, five young actors are currently battling to secure the film's lead role. They are:
* Jesse Plemons, of Friday Night Lights and Breaking Bad fame
* Ed Speelers, who currently stars in Downton Abbey
*John Boyega, who starred in Attack the Block
*Matthew James Thomas, a theater actor who had a supporting role in 2000's Billy Elliot
*Ray Fisher, who played Muhammad Ali in New York Theatre Workshop's Fetch Clay, Make Man last year
Specifics of the role remain unclear, but Variety says the character "is believed to be a Jedi apprentice." May the Force be with all of them.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week