- Burning questions March 13
Yahoo Answers — you probably know the site if you've ever asked Google a question — is based on an optimistic, even democratic conceit: Somebody out there knows the answer to your query. But there's a reason that we turn to "experts." On Wednesday night's Tonight Show, Jimmy Fallon grants a viewer's oddball request to have some of these crowdsourced answers to real questions sung by a professional singer. Broadway star Audra McDonald is up to the challenge. Fallon's lounge act isn't at the same level as his other musical endeavors, but why quibble with a fine idea? --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week