- Burning questions March 13
Yahoo Answers — you probably know the site if you've ever asked Google a question — is based on an optimistic, even democratic conceit: Somebody out there knows the answer to your query. But there's a reason that we turn to "experts." On Wednesday night's Tonight Show, Jimmy Fallon grants a viewer's oddball request to have some of these crowdsourced answers to real questions sung by a professional singer. Broadway star Audra McDonald is up to the challenge. Fallon's lounge act isn't at the same level as his other musical endeavors, but why quibble with a fine idea? --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What the media gets wrong about Jeb Bush
- Why Obama was right to give Cuba a 'full bailout'
Subscribe to the Week