- pretty please March 14
The life of an internet meme: First we were supposed to swoon over a video of 20 complete strangers sharing a first kiss, then we were supposed to be outraged that the "beautiful" lip-locking of "strangers" — all paid models and musicians — was really part of a viral clothing ad. Then came the parodies. Now, Jimmy Fallon has squared the circle, bringing the whole short-lived internet sensation to its logical internet conclusion. Is it goofy? Of course. Dumb? Maybe. But, as with most things involving puppies and kittens on the internet, it's also kind of adorable. Please let this be the last word on "First Kiss." --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week