- pretty please March 14
The life of an internet meme: First we were supposed to swoon over a video of 20 complete strangers sharing a first kiss, then we were supposed to be outraged that the "beautiful" lip-locking of "strangers" — all paid models and musicians — was really part of a viral clothing ad. Then came the parodies. Now, Jimmy Fallon has squared the circle, bringing the whole short-lived internet sensation to its logical internet conclusion. Is it goofy? Of course. Dumb? Maybe. But, as with most things involving puppies and kittens on the internet, it's also kind of adorable. Please let this be the last word on "First Kiss." --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week