- Foreign affairs March 14
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry met with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in London today in a bid to negotiate a political resolution to the crisis in Crimea, which will hold a referendum on joining the Russian federation on Sunday. How are the talks going? Not so well if this image is any indication, which is positively funereal. It puts a new spin on that old joke about the former presidential candidate: John Kerry, why the long face?
Soon they will be taking joyful selfies together, yes? pic.twitter.com/4zMyY6UIou— Elif Batuman (@BananaKarenina) March 14, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
Subscribe to the Week