- Foreign affairs March 14
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry met with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in London today in a bid to negotiate a political resolution to the crisis in Crimea, which will hold a referendum on joining the Russian federation on Sunday. How are the talks going? Not so well if this image is any indication, which is positively funereal. It puts a new spin on that old joke about the former presidential candidate: John Kerry, why the long face?
Soon they will be taking joyful selfies together, yes? pic.twitter.com/4zMyY6UIou— Elif Batuman (@BananaKarenina) March 14, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- Why TheWeek.com is closing the comments section
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week