- Foreign affairs March 14
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry met with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in London today in a bid to negotiate a political resolution to the crisis in Crimea, which will hold a referendum on joining the Russian federation on Sunday. How are the talks going? Not so well if this image is any indication, which is positively funereal. It puts a new spin on that old joke about the former presidential candidate: John Kerry, why the long face?
Soon they will be taking joyful selfies together, yes? pic.twitter.com/4zMyY6UIou— Elif Batuman (@BananaKarenina) March 14, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
Subscribe to the Week