- Ouch March 14
We've all been tempted to fall asleep on the job at one time or another, and no doubt plenty of us have actually powered down for a quick, covert nap.
But most of us aren't on television. Know who is? Charles Barkley.
Thursday's games clearly weren't stimulating enough for the Inside the NBA broadcaster.
The rest of the gang gave him plenty of grief afterward, anointing Barkley's snooze "Chuckolepsy" and challenging the clearly sleep-deprived Barkley to spell "disingenuous" for $1,000.
"D-I-S-G-E-N-O-U-S," Barkley tried.
In all fairness, that's not the easiest word in the world, but still, let's hope they don't play H-O-R-S-E during commercial breaks.
And a note to Jay Pharoah and Kenan Thompson at Saturday Night Live: Looks like you've got this weekend's skit ready to go. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- How to make corn dogs
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why America needs more billionaires
Subscribe to the Week