- Ouch March 14
We've all been tempted to fall asleep on the job at one time or another, and no doubt plenty of us have actually powered down for a quick, covert nap.
But most of us aren't on television. Know who is? Charles Barkley.
Thursday's games clearly weren't stimulating enough for the Inside the NBA broadcaster.
The rest of the gang gave him plenty of grief afterward, anointing Barkley's snooze "Chuckolepsy" and challenging the clearly sleep-deprived Barkley to spell "disingenuous" for $1,000.
"D-I-S-G-E-N-O-U-S," Barkley tried.
In all fairness, that's not the easiest word in the world, but still, let's hope they don't play H-O-R-S-E during commercial breaks.
And a note to Jay Pharoah and Kenan Thompson at Saturday Night Live: Looks like you've got this weekend's skit ready to go. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
Subscribe to the Week