- Ouch March 14
We've all been tempted to fall asleep on the job at one time or another, and no doubt plenty of us have actually powered down for a quick, covert nap.
But most of us aren't on television. Know who is? Charles Barkley.
Thursday's games clearly weren't stimulating enough for the Inside the NBA broadcaster.
The rest of the gang gave him plenty of grief afterward, anointing Barkley's snooze "Chuckolepsy" and challenging the clearly sleep-deprived Barkley to spell "disingenuous" for $1,000.
"D-I-S-G-E-N-O-U-S," Barkley tried.
In all fairness, that's not the easiest word in the world, but still, let's hope they don't play H-O-R-S-E during commercial breaks.
And a note to Jay Pharoah and Kenan Thompson at Saturday Night Live: Looks like you've got this weekend's skit ready to go. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week