- Ouch March 14
We've all been tempted to fall asleep on the job at one time or another, and no doubt plenty of us have actually powered down for a quick, covert nap.
But most of us aren't on television. Know who is? Charles Barkley.
Thursday's games clearly weren't stimulating enough for the Inside the NBA broadcaster.
The rest of the gang gave him plenty of grief afterward, anointing Barkley's snooze "Chuckolepsy" and challenging the clearly sleep-deprived Barkley to spell "disingenuous" for $1,000.
"D-I-S-G-E-N-O-U-S," Barkley tried.
In all fairness, that's not the easiest word in the world, but still, let's hope they don't play H-O-R-S-E during commercial breaks.
And a note to Jay Pharoah and Kenan Thompson at Saturday Night Live: Looks like you've got this weekend's skit ready to go. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to live a long life, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
Subscribe to the Week