- Whatever You Say March 15
Being president is hard.
There's a lot to think about, from the upcoming midterm elections to Russia's intervention in Crimea to whether letting Zach Galifianakis grill you about ObamaCare was such a good idea.
So no, President Barack Obama may not be spending much time worrying about whether those jeans make him look "mom," but still, step off, okay?
"I've been unfairly maligned about my jeans," Obama told Ryan Seacrest in a Friday radio interview. "The truth is, generally I look very sharp in jeans. There was one episode like four years ago in which I was wearing some loose jeans, mainly because I was out on the pitcher's mound and I didn't want to feel confined while I was pitching, and I think I've paid my penance for that."
But come on, the jeans couldn't have been that bad, right?
No word on whether Seacrest later informed Obama that kids these days aren't dropping "sharp" with regularity. But give our Commander-in-Chief credit: Michelle still thinks he's cute. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The week's best photojournalism
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week