- Second Acts March 15
Congratulations, Random Iowa State Girls: You could be having a Katherine Webb moment.
ESPN announced earlier this week that sports broadcaster Brent Musburger would no longer be announcing ABC's college football game of the week; instead, he'll be calling games over on the company's new SEC Network. The news didn't seem to bum Musburger out too much, though.
He was in the booth for Friday night's Iowa State-Kansas basketball game, and Musburger added a few color comments echoing last year's infamous description of Katherine Webb, girlfriend of Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron ("What a beautiful woman! Wow!). This time around it was, "I am pleased with this selection. Oh yeah."
Oh, Brent, never change.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Behind the newest attempt to get the Supreme Court to strike down affirmative action
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Why insects are the future of food
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week