- Second Acts March 15
Congratulations, Random Iowa State Girls: You could be having a Katherine Webb moment.
ESPN announced earlier this week that sports broadcaster Brent Musburger would no longer be announcing ABC's college football game of the week; instead, he'll be calling games over on the company's new SEC Network. The news didn't seem to bum Musburger out too much, though.
He was in the booth for Friday night's Iowa State-Kansas basketball game, and Musburger added a few color comments echoing last year's infamous description of Katherine Webb, girlfriend of Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron ("What a beautiful woman! Wow!). This time around it was, "I am pleased with this selection. Oh yeah."
Oh, Brent, never change.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- It's time to kill school picture day
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week