- Playing politics March 15
In a story quickly becoming as convoluted as an episode of House of Cards, Kevin Spacey responded to Rob Ford who responded to Kevin Spacey who made a quip about Rob Ford to Jimmy Kimmel.
Let's break it down: Kevin Spacey appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live on March 2, following a brief appearance by Toronto Mayor Rob Ford.
"That's the first time I've had to follow a Ford," Spacey joked. "And one that was so banged up."
Later in the week, Rob Ford and his brother, Doug, complained on their YouTube show that Spacey refused to take pictures with them at the taping. Brother Mayor took sweet, sweet revenge by noting that he wouldn't know Spacey, "if I ran over him."
But Spacey took the high road, tweeting out a photo of the three of them on Saturday afternoon:
When did Mayor Ford start doing what people tell him to do? All you had to do was ask, guys. Here's your pic. pic.twitter.com/DtDTqAl8Lb— Kevin Spacey (@KevinSpacey) March 15, 2014
It might not be what Frank Underwood would have done, but we'll take it. Your move, Ford.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
Subscribe to the Week