- Bummer March 17
It was an odd South By Southwest for Tyler, the Creator. Early Thursday morning, the Odd Future rapper (full name Tyler Gregory Okonma) was scheduled to play at the Mohawk club when motorist Rashad Charjuan Owens allegedly plowed through a police barricade and into the crowd waiting outside the club, killing two people and injuring 23 others. Later Thursday, Tyler was playing at a smaller venue, the Scoot Inn, when this happened:
Tyler, 23, was released on $25,000 bond and played a sold-out show in Dallas on Sunday.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why America needs more billionaires
Subscribe to the Week