- Oops March 17
A Delta plane flying to Atlanta from Orlando lost a large chunk of its wing in mid-air, leaving its wiring and gears uncovered. The plane landed safely at its destination and no one was injured. A Delta spokesperson noted that the event didn't hamper the Boeing 757's ability to fly.
David Watterson, a passenger on the flight, said he was ready to fall asleep when he heard a "big boom," admitting it was "concerning to see a big chunk of the plane missing." A picture of the damage circulated on Reddit and left the site's users speculating about the cause of the damage. Delta said it is conducting an investigation with the FAA.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
Subscribe to the Week