- This just in March 17
L'Wren Scott, a fashion designer and the girlfriend of the Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger, was found hanged to death in her New York City apartment Monday morning. Police say the body of the 49-year-old was found by her assistant around 10 a.m. Sources told the New York Daily News that police don't suspect foul play. Although a medical examiner has yet to determine the cause of death, police are reportedly treating it as a suicide.
Scott was originally a celebrity stylist before starting her own fashion line in 2006. Fans of hers include Oprah, Nicole Kidman and Michelle Obama.
A spokesman for Jagger, who is currently on tour in Australia, said the singer is "completely shocked and devastated" by the news.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
Subscribe to the Week