- Kids these days March 17
Have you ever been at a coffee shop, probably working on a new screenplay, and thought to yourself, "Man, this Americano is tight — but it would be better with less bureaucratic waste and more free market principles"? Or maybe you've been out partying for the night with some buds when you suddenly realized that "YOLO" and "traditional family values" aren't mutually exclusive.
If thoughts like these have crossed your mind, then the Republican Party wants you to know it's the party for you. To wit, the Republican National Committee is out with a new ad campaign featuring some rad young millennials just like you explaining why they're Republicans. (Sample monologue: "I'm a Republican because my friends need a paycheck, not an empty promise.")
But don't take my word for it. Here, let these young Republicans tell you how cool the GOP really is. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week