- Second Acts March 18
Mark this under things I didn't know I wanted to see: As an extra for The Tonight Show, the Avett Brothers performed the John Denver hit "Thank God I'm a Country Boy." Neither Denver, who moved around a lot as the child of a career-military father, nor Seth and Scott Avett, from outside Charlotte, N.C., might be what you'd call "country," but they all saw a lot of America on shoestring-budget tours, and you get the sense they know what they're singing about. Too bad Denver didn't live long enough to cover the Avetts' "Murder in the City." --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Tony Blair: The Cassandra of the Middle East
- Stop hating on cyclists
Subscribe to the Week