- Late Night Antics March 18
As St. Patrick's Day was winding to a close, Jimmy Fallon got his ode to all things Irish in under the wire. He ticks off all the must-haves for the St. Paddy's Day Parade — the green "Kiss Me I'm Irish" T-shirt, the green beer — but mostly Fallon reminds us that he has something most of us mortals don't: friends in high places. There's only one song Kermit the Frog could have sung here, and he does.
On the crass business side, Kermit has a movie to promote — we'll find out how well Muppets Most Wanted does in the theaters this weekend. But Fallon's Tonight Show is already dominating its late-night competition. So sláinte, Fallon. May the road rise to meet you and all that. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
Subscribe to the Week