- Late Night Antics March 18
As St. Patrick's Day was winding to a close, Jimmy Fallon got his ode to all things Irish in under the wire. He ticks off all the must-haves for the St. Paddy's Day Parade — the green "Kiss Me I'm Irish" T-shirt, the green beer — but mostly Fallon reminds us that he has something most of us mortals don't: friends in high places. There's only one song Kermit the Frog could have sung here, and he does.
On the crass business side, Kermit has a movie to promote — we'll find out how well Muppets Most Wanted does in the theaters this weekend. But Fallon's Tonight Show is already dominating its late-night competition. So sláinte, Fallon. May the road rise to meet you and all that. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week