- Coming Soon March 18
The cartoons based on Charles Schulz's Peanuts are beloved classics — but will audiences want to sit down for a feature-length adventure with Charlie Brown and the gang? That's the hope of Blue Sky Studios, which is updating Peanuts for the modern day — and we finally have our first look at the movie's sure-to-be-polarizing animation style.
In terms of content, this first teaser plays it pretty safe, offering a glimpse of Snoopy and Charlie Brown's usual antics set to the familiar rhythm of "Linus and Lucy."
But the CG visuals — and the reminder of the film's inevitable 3D release — are sure to enrage many Peanuts purists. Is this a smart modernization of Charles Schulz's beloved comic strip, or has Blue Sky Studios failed to capture the magic of Peanuts? Decide for yourself below. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
Subscribe to the Week