- Oh, Florida March 18
Times are tense during the last few remaining days of Shamrock Shake season, as evidenced by a woman in Florida. Witnesses say a Jacksonville woman allegedly set a man's car on fire late Sunday because she was mad that he didn't want to buy her dessert.
A witness told ActionNewsJax the couple was entangled in a fight about whether she wanted "either a McFlurry or an ice cream on top and he was not in for it." The argument apparently escalated when the woman threatened to torch their 1994 El Dorado. She followed through: WFTV-TV in Orlando obtained video of the woman pouring alcohol and gasoline on the man's car, lighting it on fire and then running off.
It's unclear if she ever got her dessert.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week