- Parenting controversies March 18
New Jersey teen and Erika Christensen look-a-like Rachel Canning has ended a lawsuit against her parents alleging abuse and asking for child support. According to court papers, the judge agreed to the 18-year-old's request to have the controversial case dropped, saying the "plaintiff's decision to dismiss the litigation was a knowing and voluntary decision."
Canning made national headlines earlier this month when she alleged that her parents were abusive because they threatened to stop paying her bills unless she broke up with her boyfriend. So, she moved out of her Morris County mansion and sued her parents for a $650 weekly stipend and access to her college fund. A judge denied that request.
The teen moved back in to her home after living with friends for the past few months in what presumably made for an awkward family dinner.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
Subscribe to the Week