- Parenting controversies March 18
New Jersey teen and Erika Christensen look-a-like Rachel Canning has ended a lawsuit against her parents alleging abuse and asking for child support. According to court papers, the judge agreed to the 18-year-old's request to have the controversial case dropped, saying the "plaintiff's decision to dismiss the litigation was a knowing and voluntary decision."
Canning made national headlines earlier this month when she alleged that her parents were abusive because they threatened to stop paying her bills unless she broke up with her boyfriend. So, she moved out of her Morris County mansion and sued her parents for a $650 weekly stipend and access to her college fund. A judge denied that request.
The teen moved back in to her home after living with friends for the past few months in what presumably made for an awkward family dinner.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week