- Parenting controversies March 18
New Jersey teen and Erika Christensen look-a-like Rachel Canning has ended a lawsuit against her parents alleging abuse and asking for child support. According to court papers, the judge agreed to the 18-year-old's request to have the controversial case dropped, saying the "plaintiff's decision to dismiss the litigation was a knowing and voluntary decision."
Canning made national headlines earlier this month when she alleged that her parents were abusive because they threatened to stop paying her bills unless she broke up with her boyfriend. So, she moved out of her Morris County mansion and sued her parents for a $650 weekly stipend and access to her college fund. A judge denied that request.
The teen moved back in to her home after living with friends for the past few months in what presumably made for an awkward family dinner.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 7 common estate-planning mistakes
- 10 ways to gain real superpowers that will change your life
Subscribe to the Week