- Coming Soon March 18
There was a brief, magical time when Pixar was roundly regarded as one of the riskiest, most innovative studios in the business. Unfortunately, that time seems to be over.
Three of the animation studio's last four movies have been sequels, and the Finding Nemo sequel Finding Dory is already slated for release in 2016. But if that wasn't enough for you, Disney's Bob Iger just added two more upcoming sequels to the list: The Incredibles 2 and Cars 3, which are both in the early stages of development.
By our count, that means just four of Pixar's 14 produced feature films — A Bug's Life, Ratatouille, Wall-E, and Up — aren't part of a larger franchise. (And just to be safe, you should probably brace yourself for Rat-a-TWO-ie or Even Braver.)- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week