- This just in March 18
The first details about the plot of J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VI have finally trickled out: According to an official press release at StarWars.com, Episode VII will be set "about 30 years" after Return of the Jedi. (Presumably as our heroes recover from a 30-year bender after partying with the Ewoks on Endor.)
No new or returning cast members were confirmed, though the press release does concede that Episode VII will "star a trio of new young leads along with some very familiar faces."
It's not a lot to go on, but it's also likely we'll have some news in the near future; Episode VII is scheduled to begin filming in London in May 2014. To learn everything else we know about Star Wars: Episode VII so far, click here.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week