- Cheers March 18
Put another way, there are 34,600 percent more craft breweries today than there were three decades ago. And that's just one of several interesting data points in the Brewers Association's new report on the state of the craft beer industry, which — surprise, surprise — is still booming.
Also of note: the craft beer industry hauled in $14.3 billion in 2013, a 20 percent increase over the previous year. Yet while the industry continues to loosen Big Beer's stranglehold over American consumers, it still comprises just 7.8 percent of the overall beer market. If only more states would heed my advice and stop regulating the alcohol content in their beers, that share could rise even higher.
Anyway, here's a pretty infographic, courtesy of the Brewers Association, on the state of the industry:
You can find a bigger, high-resolution image of that graphic here.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- Will the Higgs Boson destroy the universe in a cosmic death bubble?
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
Subscribe to the Week