- Reality-Show Reality Check March 19
If the excitement of watching Blake Shelton and Adam Levine bicker with each other wasn't doing it for you, The Voice is adding eccentric Coldplay singer Chris Martin for a few episodes. He's joining the NBC singing competition next week as an adviser to the coaches' teams during the show's second week of "Battle Round" episodes.
And since nothing excites the kids more than Coldplay, the show announced it on the app they're all hanging out on: Snapchat. Executive Producer Mark Burnett told USA Today that everyone is just so thrilled about Martin briefly joining the show for what may or may not be a publicity stunt to promote Coldplay's upcoming album. "There's a massive level of respect from the singers and the surprise from them [when they met him]: 'Whoa! Chris Martin,'" he said.
Just look how happy he is being there. So, so happy. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How science can help you survive scary movies
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week