- Reality-Show Reality Check March 19
If the excitement of watching Blake Shelton and Adam Levine bicker with each other wasn't doing it for you, The Voice is adding eccentric Coldplay singer Chris Martin for a few episodes. He's joining the NBC singing competition next week as an adviser to the coaches' teams during the show's second week of "Battle Round" episodes.
And since nothing excites the kids more than Coldplay, the show announced it on the app they're all hanging out on: Snapchat. Executive Producer Mark Burnett told USA Today that everyone is just so thrilled about Martin briefly joining the show for what may or may not be a publicity stunt to promote Coldplay's upcoming album. "There's a massive level of respect from the singers and the surprise from them [when they met him]: 'Whoa! Chris Martin,'" he said.
Just look how happy he is being there. So, so happy. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week