- Reality-Show Reality Check March 19
If the excitement of watching Blake Shelton and Adam Levine bicker with each other wasn't doing it for you, The Voice is adding eccentric Coldplay singer Chris Martin for a few episodes. He's joining the NBC singing competition next week as an adviser to the coaches' teams during the show's second week of "Battle Round" episodes.
And since nothing excites the kids more than Coldplay, the show announced it on the app they're all hanging out on: Snapchat. Executive Producer Mark Burnett told USA Today that everyone is just so thrilled about Martin briefly joining the show for what may or may not be a publicity stunt to promote Coldplay's upcoming album. "There's a massive level of respect from the singers and the surprise from them [when they met him]: 'Whoa! Chris Martin,'" he said.
Just look how happy he is being there. So, so happy. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 'Tis the season for archaic English
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I lost all my money
- The best books we read in 2014
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
Subscribe to the Week