- Reality-Show Reality Check March 19
If the excitement of watching Blake Shelton and Adam Levine bicker with each other wasn't doing it for you, The Voice is adding eccentric Coldplay singer Chris Martin for a few episodes. He's joining the NBC singing competition next week as an adviser to the coaches' teams during the show's second week of "Battle Round" episodes.
And since nothing excites the kids more than Coldplay, the show announced it on the app they're all hanging out on: Snapchat. Executive Producer Mark Burnett told USA Today that everyone is just so thrilled about Martin briefly joining the show for what may or may not be a publicity stunt to promote Coldplay's upcoming album. "There's a massive level of respect from the singers and the surprise from them [when they met him]: 'Whoa! Chris Martin,'" he said.
Just look how happy he is being there. So, so happy. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- What the media gets wrong about Jeb Bush
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week