- Squee March 19
Voguing for the camera, polar bear Giovanna and her two cubs met the media together today. The twin cubs, born on Dec. 9, have been closely monitored by the zoo, as officials worried first-time mom Giovanna might be overwhelmed by her maternal duties. Lucky for everyone, the twins are already quite headstrong.
"The two rascals now even voice their anger with very loud screaming when they fight over the milk source or step on each other's heads," biologist Beatrix Koehler told NBC News last month.
Take a look at the "rascals" making their public debut, below. --Sarah Eberspacher
(All photos: Alexandra Beier/Getty Images)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week