- Squee March 19
Voguing for the camera, polar bear Giovanna and her two cubs met the media together today. The twin cubs, born on Dec. 9, have been closely monitored by the zoo, as officials worried first-time mom Giovanna might be overwhelmed by her maternal duties. Lucky for everyone, the twins are already quite headstrong.
"The two rascals now even voice their anger with very loud screaming when they fight over the milk source or step on each other's heads," biologist Beatrix Koehler told NBC News last month.
Take a look at the "rascals" making their public debut, below. --Sarah Eberspacher
(All photos: Alexandra Beier/Getty Images)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week