- Coming Soon March 19
Netflix just dropped some major details on your next binge-watch: Grace and Frankie, a 30-minute sitcom by Friends co-creator Marta Kauffmann that re-teams Nine to Five stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin. (Alas, no sign of Dolly Parton.)
According to a press release, Grace And Frankie will follow "long-time nemeses" Grace and Frankie, who are shocked when "their husbands announce they are in love with each other and plan to get married." As both women cope with the surprising revelation, they're surprised to find themselves leaning on each other of support for the first time in their lives.
Netflix hasn't announced when Grace and Frankie will arrive on the streaming service, but the first season will consist of 13 episodes, like Orange is the New Black or House of Cards (but presumably with less murder).- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
Is kissing your kid on the lips creepy?
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
Subscribe to the Week