- Coming Soon March 19
Netflix just dropped some major details on your next binge-watch: Grace and Frankie, a 30-minute sitcom by Friends co-creator Marta Kauffmann that re-teams Nine to Five stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin. (Alas, no sign of Dolly Parton.)
According to a press release, Grace And Frankie will follow "long-time nemeses" Grace and Frankie, who are shocked when "their husbands announce they are in love with each other and plan to get married." As both women cope with the surprising revelation, they're surprised to find themselves leaning on each other of support for the first time in their lives.
Netflix hasn't announced when Grace and Frankie will arrive on the streaming service, but the first season will consist of 13 episodes, like Orange is the New Black or House of Cards (but presumably with less murder).- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Girls on Film: 5 essential World War II movies directed by women
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week