- Coming Soon March 19
Netflix just dropped some major details on your next binge-watch: Grace and Frankie, a 30-minute sitcom by Friends co-creator Marta Kauffmann that re-teams Nine to Five stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin. (Alas, no sign of Dolly Parton.)
According to a press release, Grace And Frankie will follow "long-time nemeses" Grace and Frankie, who are shocked when "their husbands announce they are in love with each other and plan to get married." As both women cope with the surprising revelation, they're surprised to find themselves leaning on each other of support for the first time in their lives.
Netflix hasn't announced when Grace and Frankie will arrive on the streaming service, but the first season will consist of 13 episodes, like Orange is the New Black or House of Cards (but presumably with less murder).- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Can the U.S. Army degrade and destroy Ebola?
Subscribe to the Week