- Coming Soon March 19
Netflix just dropped some major details on your next binge-watch: Grace and Frankie, a 30-minute sitcom by Friends co-creator Marta Kauffmann that re-teams Nine to Five stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin. (Alas, no sign of Dolly Parton.)
According to a press release, Grace And Frankie will follow "long-time nemeses" Grace and Frankie, who are shocked when "their husbands announce they are in love with each other and plan to get married." As both women cope with the surprising revelation, they're surprised to find themselves leaning on each other of support for the first time in their lives.
Netflix hasn't announced when Grace and Frankie will arrive on the streaming service, but the first season will consist of 13 episodes, like Orange is the New Black or House of Cards (but presumably with less murder).- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week