- Watch this March 19
From the "Aww, isn't this heartwarming?" file: The San Jose Sharks fulfilled a Make-A-Wish teenager's dream by signing 17-year-old Sam Tageson for the day. He practiced with the team and even skated through the iconic shark head before Monday's game — and his emotional reaction was caught on tape.
Tageson has a heart condition called hypoplastic left heart syndrome, meaning he has two heart chambers instead of the usual four. Doctors told him the condition is supposed to be debilitating, but that hasn't stopped him from playing hockey since he was six. Comcast SportsNet captured his experience, so prepared to be overwhelmed. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- Uber, and the growing threat of corporate surveillance
Subscribe to the Week