- Watch this March 19
From the "Aww, isn't this heartwarming?" file: The San Jose Sharks fulfilled a Make-A-Wish teenager's dream by signing 17-year-old Sam Tageson for the day. He practiced with the team and even skated through the iconic shark head before Monday's game — and his emotional reaction was caught on tape.
Tageson has a heart condition called hypoplastic left heart syndrome, meaning he has two heart chambers instead of the usual four. Doctors told him the condition is supposed to be debilitating, but that hasn't stopped him from playing hockey since he was six. Comcast SportsNet captured his experience, so prepared to be overwhelmed. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week