- Watch this March 19
From the "Aww, isn't this heartwarming?" file: The San Jose Sharks fulfilled a Make-A-Wish teenager's dream by signing 17-year-old Sam Tageson for the day. He practiced with the team and even skated through the iconic shark head before Monday's game — and his emotional reaction was caught on tape.
Tageson has a heart condition called hypoplastic left heart syndrome, meaning he has two heart chambers instead of the usual four. Doctors told him the condition is supposed to be debilitating, but that hasn't stopped him from playing hockey since he was six. Comcast SportsNet captured his experience, so prepared to be overwhelmed. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week