- Watch this March 19
From the "Aww, isn't this heartwarming?" file: The San Jose Sharks fulfilled a Make-A-Wish teenager's dream by signing 17-year-old Sam Tageson for the day. He practiced with the team and even skated through the iconic shark head before Monday's game — and his emotional reaction was caught on tape.
Tageson has a heart condition called hypoplastic left heart syndrome, meaning he has two heart chambers instead of the usual four. Doctors told him the condition is supposed to be debilitating, but that hasn't stopped him from playing hockey since he was six. Comcast SportsNet captured his experience, so prepared to be overwhelmed. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
Subscribe to the Week