- Huh? March 20
Could this be a publicity stunt or an inside job? Sure. But the fact that Wheel of Fortune contestant Emil made his extraordinarily lucky (or talented?) guess on the first try, combined with the stunned reaction from host Pat Sajak and seasoned letter-turner Vanna White, suggest that it's probably a legitimate game-show miracle.
Among those impressed? Sajak:
Tonight's "Wheel of Fortune" features most amazing solve in my 30+ years on the show. No kidding.— Pat Sajak (@patsajak) March 19, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- The week's best photojournalism
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week