- The Search Continues March 20
Australia caused quite a stir Thursday morning by announcing that it has found what appear to be fragments of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which disappeared early March 8 en route from Kuala Lampur to Beijing. This satellite photo of the larger object shows something about 80 feet long floating about 1,550 miles off the southwestern tip of Australia. The Australian Maritime Safety authority has a helpful fact sheet on the discovery. For higher-resolution photos of this object and the other one Australia is searching for, click here. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How science can help you survive scary movies
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
Subscribe to the Week