- The Search Continues March 20
Australia caused quite a stir Thursday morning by announcing that it has found what appear to be fragments of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which disappeared early March 8 en route from Kuala Lampur to Beijing. This satellite photo of the larger object shows something about 80 feet long floating about 1,550 miles off the southwestern tip of Australia. The Australian Maritime Safety authority has a helpful fact sheet on the discovery. For higher-resolution photos of this object and the other one Australia is searching for, click here. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Three major publications have acknowledged plagiarism by Fareed Zakaria. Does CNN have no shame?
Subscribe to the Week