- The Search Continues March 20
Australia caused quite a stir Thursday morning by announcing that it has found what appear to be fragments of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which disappeared early March 8 en route from Kuala Lampur to Beijing. This satellite photo of the larger object shows something about 80 feet long floating about 1,550 miles off the southwestern tip of Australia. The Australian Maritime Safety authority has a helpful fact sheet on the discovery. For higher-resolution photos of this object and the other one Australia is searching for, click here. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
Subscribe to the Week