- Burned March 20
Nope, we're still not done talking about Ellen DeGeneres' star-studded Oscars selfie. President Obama made his first public comments about the photo on Ellen, and he sounds pretty annoyed about losing the honor of owning the most-retweeted tweet in history:
"I thought it was a pretty cheap stunt, myself," joked Obama. "Getting a bunch of celebrities in the background, you feeding them pizza."
The show released a five-minute snippet of the interview that's slated to air today. (Spoiler: There's no dancing). --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Are hedge funds doomed?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week