- Coming Soon March 20
Several of the biggest blockbusters scheduled to hit theaters over the next few years just got even bigger. On Thursday, Disney revealed that several of its most anticipated blockbusters — including Avengers: Age of Ultron and Star Wars: Episode VII — will be released in the IMAX format, which boasts larger screens and better sound than a conventional movie theater. The deal will also extend to Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Maleficent, and Guardians of the Galaxy.
Of course, if you want to catch any of those movies in the biggest, loudest format available, you might want to set aside some money now; the current price of an IMAX movie ticket in New York City is a whopping $19.50, and ticket prices continue to rise nationwide every year.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The week's best photojournalism
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week