- Coming Soon March 20
Several of the biggest blockbusters scheduled to hit theaters over the next few years just got even bigger. On Thursday, Disney revealed that several of its most anticipated blockbusters — including Avengers: Age of Ultron and Star Wars: Episode VII — will be released in the IMAX format, which boasts larger screens and better sound than a conventional movie theater. The deal will also extend to Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Maleficent, and Guardians of the Galaxy.
Of course, if you want to catch any of those movies in the biggest, loudest format available, you might want to set aside some money now; the current price of an IMAX movie ticket in New York City is a whopping $19.50, and ticket prices continue to rise nationwide every year.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Uber, and the growing threat of corporate surveillance
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
Subscribe to the Week