- Coming Soon March 20
Several of the biggest blockbusters scheduled to hit theaters over the next few years just got even bigger. On Thursday, Disney revealed that several of its most anticipated blockbusters — including Avengers: Age of Ultron and Star Wars: Episode VII — will be released in the IMAX format, which boasts larger screens and better sound than a conventional movie theater. The deal will also extend to Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Maleficent, and Guardians of the Galaxy.
Of course, if you want to catch any of those movies in the biggest, loudest format available, you might want to set aside some money now; the current price of an IMAX movie ticket in New York City is a whopping $19.50, and ticket prices continue to rise nationwide every year.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How 3D-printed makeup is changing the fashion industry
Subscribe to the Week