- Coming Soon March 20
Several of the biggest blockbusters scheduled to hit theaters over the next few years just got even bigger. On Thursday, Disney revealed that several of its most anticipated blockbusters — including Avengers: Age of Ultron and Star Wars: Episode VII — will be released in the IMAX format, which boasts larger screens and better sound than a conventional movie theater. The deal will also extend to Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Maleficent, and Guardians of the Galaxy.
Of course, if you want to catch any of those movies in the biggest, loudest format available, you might want to set aside some money now; the current price of an IMAX movie ticket in New York City is a whopping $19.50, and ticket prices continue to rise nationwide every year.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- California's epic drought
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
Subscribe to the Week