- Crime and punishment March 20
Disgraced paralympic star Oscar Pistorius is being forced to sell the South African villa where he shot and killed his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp to cover his legal expenses. His lawyer said it has become "necessary" to put the upscale estate on the market because the trial is running beyond the three-week period it was slated for.
Pistorius' legal team, which includes three lawyers, forensic experts, and a crime-scene reconstruction company, reportedly costs the athlete $10,000 a day. Since the incident, he's been living at his uncle's house in Pretoria. An estate agent told AFP that the house is located in a gated community and is listed for $500,000.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Surviving a plane crash
- Stop freaking out over the West's jihadi tourists
Subscribe to the Week