- Crime and punishment March 20
Disgraced paralympic star Oscar Pistorius is being forced to sell the South African villa where he shot and killed his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp to cover his legal expenses. His lawyer said it has become "necessary" to put the upscale estate on the market because the trial is running beyond the three-week period it was slated for.
Pistorius' legal team, which includes three lawyers, forensic experts, and a crime-scene reconstruction company, reportedly costs the athlete $10,000 a day. Since the incident, he's been living at his uncle's house in Pretoria. An estate agent told AFP that the house is located in a gated community and is listed for $500,000.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Why is Obama still smoking?
- How to live a long life, according to science
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week