- Crime and punishment March 20
Disgraced paralympic star Oscar Pistorius is being forced to sell the South African villa where he shot and killed his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp to cover his legal expenses. His lawyer said it has become "necessary" to put the upscale estate on the market because the trial is running beyond the three-week period it was slated for.
Pistorius' legal team, which includes three lawyers, forensic experts, and a crime-scene reconstruction company, reportedly costs the athlete $10,000 a day. Since the incident, he's been living at his uncle's house in Pretoria. An estate agent told AFP that the house is located in a gated community and is listed for $500,000.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
Subscribe to the Week