- Crime and punishment March 20
Disgraced paralympic star Oscar Pistorius is being forced to sell the South African villa where he shot and killed his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp to cover his legal expenses. His lawyer said it has become "necessary" to put the upscale estate on the market because the trial is running beyond the three-week period it was slated for.
Pistorius' legal team, which includes three lawyers, forensic experts, and a crime-scene reconstruction company, reportedly costs the athlete $10,000 a day. Since the incident, he's been living at his uncle's house in Pretoria. An estate agent told AFP that the house is located in a gated community and is listed for $500,000.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to develop a photographic memory in 4 easy steps
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- The liberation of Barack Obama
Subscribe to the Week