- shocker March 20
Well, that was fast.
In the very first game of March Madness — I refuse to acknowledge the play-in games — No. 11 seed Dayton took out No. 6 Ohio State with some last-minute heroics. Trailing by one with under 10 seconds to go, Dayton's Vee Sanford banked home a running layup to give the Flyers the win.
Sorry, bracket, but you have already been sacrificed to that insatiable beast, Madness. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
Subscribe to the Week