- shocker March 21
So, that just happened.
In the latest in a string of upsets that have upended the 2014 tournament, No. 14 Mercer knocked off No. 3 Duke on Friday afternoon, 78-71.
The win was Mercer's first NCAA tournament victory ever, and the team, led by Kevin Canevari, celebrated with some very fancy footwork:
The celebration is understandable, especially considering how many Instant Bracket Masters taking part in Warren Buffett's Tournament Challenge bet against the school:
Just 3.3% of the 11 million Tournament Challenge brackets had Mercer advancing, the lowest percentage of the 14-seeds.— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) March 21, 2014
So, if you're one of the 2,185 people who still has a perfect bracket — want to be best friends?- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week