- shocker March 21
So, that just happened.
In the latest in a string of upsets that have upended the 2014 tournament, No. 14 Mercer knocked off No. 3 Duke on Friday afternoon, 78-71.
The win was Mercer's first NCAA tournament victory ever, and the team, led by Kevin Canevari, celebrated with some very fancy footwork:
The celebration is understandable, especially considering how many Instant Bracket Masters taking part in Warren Buffett's Tournament Challenge bet against the school:
Just 3.3% of the 11 million Tournament Challenge brackets had Mercer advancing, the lowest percentage of the 14-seeds.— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) March 21, 2014
So, if you're one of the 2,185 people who still has a perfect bracket — want to be best friends?- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week