- Second Acts March 21
It's been just one week since the long-awaited Veronica Mars movie hit theaters, but fans who enjoyed their brief return to Neptune, California, have already moved on to the next logical question: When do we get a sequel?
In an email sent to Veronica Mars' Kickstarter backers, series creator Rob Thomas hinted at the possibility of a future installment:
Next time, maybe we'll make a movie that's 100 percent accessible to audiences who have never seen Veronica Mars. Speaking of which:
I know that a lot of you have been writing, and posting to ask about a sequel: if it will happen, what number we need to hit, whether we'd fund it through another Kickstarter, and so on.
Here's the answer to all of those questions: It's too soon to know.
I know that everyone involved would love to keep on going. I hope that we will. But there's no news on that yet, and it might be a while before we know. I'm so happy to get the seven-year "Will there be a Veronica Mars movie?" monkey off my back, that I could use a little time to savor this moment before launching the "Will there be another Veronica Mars movie?" crusade. Know this: I'd love for it to happen, and early signs are encouraging.
Whatever happens with the Veronica Mars franchise on screen, fans do have a few more Mars Investigations to anticipate: The Veronica Mars book series, co-authored by Thomas and Jennifer Graham, which kicks off with The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line next week.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- California's epic drought
- How to develop and defend smart opinions
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week