- Look at this March 22
Imagine: Somewhere in Omaha, Warren Buffett sits in a comfortable recliner. Dairy Queen blizzard in one hand, remote control in the other, the billionaire watches his money grow safer by each final score flashing on the television screen.
Well played, Buffett, well played.
Less than a week into the NCAA tournament, Buffett’s Quicken Loans Billion Dollar Challenge saw all of its 11 million contenders make at least one wrong bracket pick. The 20 people with the best imperfect brackets will still each win $100,000, but if you were planning to quit your day job, well, sorry but you should clock in as usual on Monday.
In the meantime, accept March Madness for what it is: A crazy couple of weeks with upsets galore, Cinderella storylines aplenty, and some pretty great photos to boot. --Sarah Eberspacher
No. 11 Dayton 60, No. 6 Ohio State 59 | (Jared Wickerham/Getty Images)
No. 12 North Dakota State 80, No. 5 Oklahoma 75 | (James Snook-USA TODAY Sports)
No. 14 Mercer 78, No. 3 Duke 71 | (Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)
No. 12 SF Austin 77, No. 5 VCU 75 | (AP Photo/Denis Poroy)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
Subscribe to the Week