- Living Large March 23
The University of Dayton Flyers are the Cinderella story so far of this year's NCAA hoops tournament. The No. 11 seed knocked off in-state rival Ohio State on Thursday, and followed that up with a thrilling win over No. 3 Syracuse Saturday to punch a ticket to the Sweet Sixteen — the school's first trip there in 30 years. So how did Dayton celebrate? Like so:
Yep, that's Dayton President Daniel Curran atop some exuberant students' shoulders. In addition to hoisting the school president, hundreds of revelers also blocked roads around campus, and at least eight people were arrested for celebrating a bit too hard.
Dayton will play Stanford — who notched their own upset victory over No. 2 Kansas on Sunday — in the next round.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
Subscribe to the Week