- Living Large March 23
The University of Dayton Flyers are the Cinderella story so far of this year's NCAA hoops tournament. The No. 11 seed knocked off in-state rival Ohio State on Thursday, and followed that up with a thrilling win over No. 3 Syracuse Saturday to punch a ticket to the Sweet Sixteen — the school's first trip there in 30 years. So how did Dayton celebrate? Like so:
Yep, that's Dayton President Daniel Curran atop some exuberant students' shoulders. In addition to hoisting the school president, hundreds of revelers also blocked roads around campus, and at least eight people were arrested for celebrating a bit too hard.
Dayton will play Stanford — who notched their own upset victory over No. 2 Kansas on Sunday — in the next round.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- 8 ways a simple notebook can change your life
Subscribe to the Week