- Living Large March 23
The University of Dayton Flyers are the Cinderella story so far of this year's NCAA hoops tournament. The No. 11 seed knocked off in-state rival Ohio State on Thursday, and followed that up with a thrilling win over No. 3 Syracuse Saturday to punch a ticket to the Sweet Sixteen — the school's first trip there in 30 years. So how did Dayton celebrate? Like so:
Yep, that's Dayton President Daniel Curran atop some exuberant students' shoulders. In addition to hoisting the school president, hundreds of revelers also blocked roads around campus, and at least eight people were arrested for celebrating a bit too hard.
Dayton will play Stanford — who notched their own upset victory over No. 2 Kansas on Sunday — in the next round.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How I lost all my money
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The best books we read in 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week