- Living Large March 23
The University of Dayton Flyers are the Cinderella story so far of this year's NCAA hoops tournament. The No. 11 seed knocked off in-state rival Ohio State on Thursday, and followed that up with a thrilling win over No. 3 Syracuse Saturday to punch a ticket to the Sweet Sixteen — the school's first trip there in 30 years. So how did Dayton celebrate? Like so:
Yep, that's Dayton President Daniel Curran atop some exuberant students' shoulders. In addition to hoisting the school president, hundreds of revelers also blocked roads around campus, and at least eight people were arrested for celebrating a bit too hard.
Dayton will play Stanford — who notched their own upset victory over No. 2 Kansas on Sunday — in the next round.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- You're reheating pizza wrong
Subscribe to the Week