- Foreign affairs March 24
Hilal Assad, a cousin of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, has been killed by rebels, according to the official Syrian Arab News Agency. The Islamic Front, an umbrella group made up of seven Islamist factions, claimed responsibility for his killing, which took place near the Turkish border crossing of Kasab. Hilal Assad was the leader of the pro-Assad paramilitary National Defense Forces in the Latakia province.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Why is Obama still smoking?
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week