- Foreign affairs March 24
Hilal Assad, a cousin of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, has been killed by rebels, according to the official Syrian Arab News Agency. The Islamic Front, an umbrella group made up of seven Islamist factions, claimed responsibility for his killing, which took place near the Turkish border crossing of Kasab. Hilal Assad was the leader of the pro-Assad paramilitary National Defense Forces in the Latakia province.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week