- Foreign affairs March 24
Hilal Assad, a cousin of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, has been killed by rebels, according to the official Syrian Arab News Agency. The Islamic Front, an umbrella group made up of seven Islamist factions, claimed responsibility for his killing, which took place near the Turkish border crossing of Kasab. Hilal Assad was the leader of the pro-Assad paramilitary National Defense Forces in the Latakia province.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How Rand Paul's GOP opponents will use his minority outreach against him
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week