- FYI March 24
While it wasn't the second-coming of The Hunger Games, the dystopian action flick Divergent did rather well for itself, bringing in an estimated $56 million in the weekend box office. While it was a slightly lower-than-expected opening, fans can rejoice; a sequel, Insurgent, is slated for release in March of next year while the final piece in the trilogy, Allegiant, will come out in 2016. Kermit and the rest of the gang discovered it's not easy bringing in the green: Muppets Most Wanted came in a distant second, with $16.5 million. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Confessions of a hotel insider
Subscribe to the Week