- FYI March 24
While it wasn't the second-coming of The Hunger Games, the dystopian action flick Divergent did rather well for itself, bringing in an estimated $56 million in the weekend box office. While it was a slightly lower-than-expected opening, fans can rejoice; a sequel, Insurgent, is slated for release in March of next year while the final piece in the trilogy, Allegiant, will come out in 2016. Kermit and the rest of the gang discovered it's not easy bringing in the green: Muppets Most Wanted came in a distant second, with $16.5 million. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
Subscribe to the Week