- This just in March 24
A Chinese military aircraft searching for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 is now the latest to report seeing something notable in a section of ocean more than 1,000 miles away from the western coast of Australia. China's state-run news agency Xinhua reports that "the crew of a Chinese IL-76 plane spotted some suspicious objects in the southern Indian Ocean on Monday.... From a height of 1,000 meters, there were two quite large objects, and some small, white fragments scattered within a radius of several kilometers." This sighting comes after a French satellite detected debris in the same general area that could possibly be related to the missing airplane. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Surviving a plane crash
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Ted Cruz and the most cynical, despicable political stunt of the year
Subscribe to the Week