- Good luck with that March 24
Former congressman and New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner — who has been looking for a new gig ever since he twice torpedoed his political career by sexting random women on the internet — has finally found a job. Beginning this week, Weiner will write a monthly political column (creatively titled, "Weiner!") for Business Insider.
"We believe the unique combination of brashness and wonkiness that made Weiner one of last year's most memorable candidates and one of the most high-profile advocates for health-care reform during his time in Congress will make him a perfect fit for Business Insider," said Hunter Walker, the site's politics editor.
Other people may quibble that what truly made Weiner a "memorable" candidate was his serial philandering and his paramour, Sydney Leathers, who chased Weiner around Manhattan on election night and cashed in on her newfound fame with a sex tape.
No word yet on whether Weiner will be allowed to curate one of Business Insider's signature slideshows.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week