- Good luck with that March 24
Former congressman and New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner — who has been looking for a new gig ever since he twice torpedoed his political career by sexting random women on the internet — has finally found a job. Beginning this week, Weiner will write a monthly political column (creatively titled, "Weiner!") for Business Insider.
"We believe the unique combination of brashness and wonkiness that made Weiner one of last year's most memorable candidates and one of the most high-profile advocates for health-care reform during his time in Congress will make him a perfect fit for Business Insider," said Hunter Walker, the site's politics editor.
Other people may quibble that what truly made Weiner a "memorable" candidate was his serial philandering and his paramour, Sydney Leathers, who chased Weiner around Manhattan on election night and cashed in on her newfound fame with a sex tape.
No word yet on whether Weiner will be allowed to curate one of Business Insider's signature slideshows.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How I lost all my money
- The best books we read in 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week