- Good luck with that March 24
Former congressman and New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner — who has been looking for a new gig ever since he twice torpedoed his political career by sexting random women on the internet — has finally found a job. Beginning this week, Weiner will write a monthly political column (creatively titled, "Weiner!") for Business Insider.
"We believe the unique combination of brashness and wonkiness that made Weiner one of last year's most memorable candidates and one of the most high-profile advocates for health-care reform during his time in Congress will make him a perfect fit for Business Insider," said Hunter Walker, the site's politics editor.
Other people may quibble that what truly made Weiner a "memorable" candidate was his serial philandering and his paramour, Sydney Leathers, who chased Weiner around Manhattan on election night and cashed in on her newfound fame with a sex tape.
No word yet on whether Weiner will be allowed to curate one of Business Insider's signature slideshows.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to deep fry a turkey
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
Subscribe to the Week