- Say it ain't so March 24
A London Tube driver was arrested Saturday for allegedly controlling a train full of passengers while drunk. The 50-year-old man was caught after a colleague noticed that he failed to stop at a station where he was due to change shifts with a replacement. The co-worker noted that the driver apparently reeked of alcohol.
The driver didn't provide a breath sample and Transport for London suspended him from his job. Although the trains on the line he was directing drive themselves, drivers are in charge of opening and closing the doors. And being drunk on the job is never a good look — especially since it can lead to criminal charges. A spokesman from the driver's union noted that the organization is aware that an investigation is taking place.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Rise of the machines
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- It's time to kill school picture day
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
Subscribe to the Week