- Say it ain't so March 24
A London Tube driver was arrested Saturday for allegedly controlling a train full of passengers while drunk. The 50-year-old man was caught after a colleague noticed that he failed to stop at a station where he was due to change shifts with a replacement. The co-worker noted that the driver apparently reeked of alcohol.
The driver didn't provide a breath sample and Transport for London suspended him from his job. Although the trains on the line he was directing drive themselves, drivers are in charge of opening and closing the doors. And being drunk on the job is never a good look — especially since it can lead to criminal charges. A spokesman from the driver's union noted that the organization is aware that an investigation is taking place.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week