- Say it ain't so March 24
A London Tube driver was arrested Saturday for allegedly controlling a train full of passengers while drunk. The 50-year-old man was caught after a colleague noticed that he failed to stop at a station where he was due to change shifts with a replacement. The co-worker noted that the driver apparently reeked of alcohol.
The driver didn't provide a breath sample and Transport for London suspended him from his job. Although the trains on the line he was directing drive themselves, drivers are in charge of opening and closing the doors. And being drunk on the job is never a good look — especially since it can lead to criminal charges. A spokesman from the driver's union noted that the organization is aware that an investigation is taking place.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week