- Kids these days March 24
Rebel without a cause Justin Bieber has been lying low in the wake of his January arrest on suspicion of DUI. But never fear, Beliebers: If a recent Instagram post is any indication, the Biebs has merely been busy cultivating a brand of aloof coolness — the exact brand of coolness made famous by silver-screen icon James Dean.
The image does bear a striking similarity to a famous photograph of Dean, though the iconic actor unfortunately lacked Bieber's tattoo sleeve and pompadour. Still, the heart races at even the hint that the Biebs could star in a remake of East of Eden or Giant. Get on that, Hollywood.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Why the Rubio-Lee tax plan is great politics — and great policy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
Subscribe to the Week