- Kids these days March 24
Rebel without a cause Justin Bieber has been lying low in the wake of his January arrest on suspicion of DUI. But never fear, Beliebers: If a recent Instagram post is any indication, the Biebs has merely been busy cultivating a brand of aloof coolness — the exact brand of coolness made famous by silver-screen icon James Dean.
The image does bear a striking similarity to a famous photograph of Dean, though the iconic actor unfortunately lacked Bieber's tattoo sleeve and pompadour. Still, the heart races at even the hint that the Biebs could star in a remake of East of Eden or Giant. Get on that, Hollywood.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 6 simple steps for making millions on a crappy horror movie
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- Why America needs more billionaires
Subscribe to the Week