- Quotables March 24
Actress Ellen Page shot back on Twitter at a homophobic pastor who denounced her sexuality. The Juno star came out in February, saying she made the decision to go public because she wants "others to have an easier and more hopeful time." It's unclear what the anti-gay pastor said to anger Page, but she was peeved. So, she tweeted a response:
2 da Pastor who wrote me-Being gay isn't a belief.My soul isnt struggling& I don't want arms of Heavenly Father around me.A girls arms? Yes.— Ellen Page (@EllenPage) March 22, 2014
She presumably then dropped the mic.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week