- Quotables March 24
Actress Ellen Page shot back on Twitter at a homophobic pastor who denounced her sexuality. The Juno star came out in February, saying she made the decision to go public because she wants "others to have an easier and more hopeful time." It's unclear what the anti-gay pastor said to anger Page, but she was peeved. So, she tweeted a response:
2 da Pastor who wrote me-Being gay isn't a belief.My soul isnt struggling& I don't want arms of Heavenly Father around me.A girls arms? Yes.— Ellen Page (@EllenPage) March 22, 2014
She presumably then dropped the mic.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
Subscribe to the Week