- Quotables March 24
Actress Ellen Page shot back on Twitter at a homophobic pastor who denounced her sexuality. The Juno star came out in February, saying she made the decision to go public because she wants "others to have an easier and more hopeful time." It's unclear what the anti-gay pastor said to anger Page, but she was peeved. So, she tweeted a response:
2 da Pastor who wrote me-Being gay isn't a belief.My soul isnt struggling& I don't want arms of Heavenly Father around me.A girls arms? Yes.— Ellen Page (@EllenPage) March 22, 2014
She presumably then dropped the mic.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Girls on Film: 5 essential World War II movies directed by women
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week