- Quotables March 24
Actress Ellen Page shot back on Twitter at a homophobic pastor who denounced her sexuality. The Juno star came out in February, saying she made the decision to go public because she wants "others to have an easier and more hopeful time." It's unclear what the anti-gay pastor said to anger Page, but she was peeved. So, she tweeted a response:
2 da Pastor who wrote me-Being gay isn't a belief.My soul isnt struggling& I don't want arms of Heavenly Father around me.A girls arms? Yes.— Ellen Page (@EllenPage) March 22, 2014
She presumably then dropped the mic.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week