- Whoa March 25
A brand new Land Rover veered off a road in central London today, dropped 14 feet, and became wedged between a wall and a basement. The luxurious car cost $130,000 and had fewer than 500 miles on it.
Witnesses snapped pictures of the crinkled car after they said the driver and three female passengers escaped it unharmed. It's unclear what happened and police said it's not their matter, so they won't be investigating. The wrecked car was scooped out a few hours later and, unfortunately for its owners, is being sent to a scrap yard.
ITV News has more pictures. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week