- First look March 25
Finished with the Veronica Mars movie, and unsure where to get your next fix? Series creator Rob Thomas has the perfect answer: The audiobook version of the new Veronica Mars novel The Thousand Dollar Tan Line, which is read by none other than Kristen Bell.
In an email to Veronica Mars' Kickstarter backers, Thomas teased that the novel — which takes place after the events of the movie — includes the return of "another important character from Veronica's life" who wasn't in the movie. He also revealed that Bell voices all the characters in the audiobook version, giving fans the chance to hear her version of characters like Weevil Navarro and Cliff McCormack.
If you'd rather read The Thousand Dollar Tan Line the old-fashioned way, it's officially available today. For everyone else, here's a sample of the audiobook. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- Stop hating on cyclists
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week