- First look March 25
Finished with the Veronica Mars movie, and unsure where to get your next fix? Series creator Rob Thomas has the perfect answer: The audiobook version of the new Veronica Mars novel The Thousand Dollar Tan Line, which is read by none other than Kristen Bell.
In an email to Veronica Mars' Kickstarter backers, Thomas teased that the novel — which takes place after the events of the movie — includes the return of "another important character from Veronica's life" who wasn't in the movie. He also revealed that Bell voices all the characters in the audiobook version, giving fans the chance to hear her version of characters like Weevil Navarro and Cliff McCormack.
If you'd rather read The Thousand Dollar Tan Line the old-fashioned way, it's officially available today. For everyone else, here's a sample of the audiobook. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
Subscribe to the Week