- Foreign affairs March 25
When BuzzFeed's Rosie Gray published a behind-the-scenes look at Russia Today, she probably had no idea the kind of negative pushback it would receive. After all, it's not every day you're accused of being part of a cabal of "Cold War-hungry neocons" who stage managed the resignation of a news anchor.
Until now, Gray has mostly laughed off the criticism, mocking it on Twitter. But today, for the first time, she spoke with me on the record about the accusations, dismissing them as "absurd."
"The idea that this was some kind of 'neocon' conspiracy is just ridiculous," she said. "So no, I mean, there was no conspiracy to get [former RT anchor] Liz Wahl to resign — and then to... plant a story with me..."
You can listen to our full conversation here.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to deep fry a turkey
- How to stop Black Thursday — and still score that big screen
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
Subscribe to the Week