- Foreign affairs March 25
When BuzzFeed's Rosie Gray published a behind-the-scenes look at Russia Today, she probably had no idea the kind of negative pushback it would receive. After all, it's not every day you're accused of being part of a cabal of "Cold War-hungry neocons" who stage managed the resignation of a news anchor.
Until now, Gray has mostly laughed off the criticism, mocking it on Twitter. But today, for the first time, she spoke with me on the record about the accusations, dismissing them as "absurd."
"The idea that this was some kind of 'neocon' conspiracy is just ridiculous," she said. "So no, I mean, there was no conspiracy to get [former RT anchor] Liz Wahl to resign — and then to... plant a story with me..."
You can listen to our full conversation here.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- The best books we read in 2014
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to wrap a present with mathematical precision (and waste less paper)
Subscribe to the Week