- Say it ain't so March 25
Are you sitting down? Because Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin have "decided to separate." The news was announced on Paltrow's aspirational-living site Goop. There was no mention of "divorce." In fact, the pair — who have been married for a decade — describe their action as "conscious uncoupling," a term that reeks of too many sad therapy sessions.
This news may not come as a surprise to some. Paltrow has her fair share of haters and Martin has faded into the background of late (unless you count appearing as a judge on the upcoming season of The Voice). But, personally, I find it depressing. Is nothing sacred in Hollywood?
If anything ever happens to Ellen and Portia, then you'll find me curled up with a magnum blasting some Coldplay tunes, thank you. Come to think of it, "Fix You" suddenly sounds all too prophetic.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Could better U.S.-Cuban relations thwart baseball's human smuggling problem?
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
Subscribe to the Week