- This just in March 26
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department announced Tuesday evening what many already suspected: the car crash that killed actor Paul Walker last November was caused by speed, not mechanical issues. According to investigators, the 2005 Porsche Carrera GT that Walker was riding in was traveling between 81 and 94 miles per hour when it hit a light pole and burst into flames. Both Walker, 40, and the driver, Roger Rodas, 38, died at the scene.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week