- This just in March 26
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department announced Tuesday evening what many already suspected: the car crash that killed actor Paul Walker last November was caused by speed, not mechanical issues. According to investigators, the 2005 Porsche Carrera GT that Walker was riding in was traveling between 81 and 94 miles per hour when it hit a light pole and burst into flames. Both Walker, 40, and the driver, Roger Rodas, 38, died at the scene.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week